Tiff’s Vegan Tacos
- 1 package Tempeh (or 1 lb meat of choice) dice it up
- 2-3 teaspoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of garlic
- ¼ cup organic sweet onion
- 1/3 cup Annie’s GF Vegan BBQ Sauce is what I used
- 1.5 cups Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese or you can use regular if you prefer
- 1 can sliced organic olives
- 1 can black organic beans
- 1/3 cup organic cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package Taco Shells
1. Heat Oven to 400 F Degrees
2. Spray inside a rectangular baking dish with olive oil spray and set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the tempeh or meat of your choice, 4. garlic and sweet onion until cooked (seared).
5. Add Annie’s BBQ Sauce, salt and black beans (drained). Cook until sauce starts to thicken and dissipate then turn off stove.
6. Arrange taco shells in the baking dish.
7. Sprinkle bits of cheese in each shell then use a slotted spoon and add your tempeh or meat of choice. Top with black beans, olives, cilantro and top with remaining cheese.
Put in oven for about 15 minutes (until cheese is melted)!
I added avocado and vegan sour cream. SO DELISH!